Many months after SAP prematurely announced the death of Legacy System Migration Workbench, we know that our old and reliable friend remains relevant in S/4HANA!
It’s essential for SAP Retail. And it remains useful for functional SAP Master Data tasks in general. What’s more, you’re only three short videos away from becoming an LSMW expert!
For confirmation of necessity, see SAP Note 2538170 – Migration of Retail Objects to SAP S/4HANA on-premise.
There is no standard replacement in some scenarios, and LSMW is standard.
While LSMW is certainly no longer the primary or preferred tool for SAP Data Migration, this doesn’t detract from:
- its necessity in some use cases (e.g. Retail Article Master).
- its simplicity (possibility for execution by screen recording).
- its accessibility by functional resources.
For the above reasons, S/4HANA architects and master data practitioners alike should reacquaint themselves with the context and concepts. Functional resources should once again dive into the details of LSMW, especially for necessary and simple use cases.
LSMW isn’t the hot new thing; it’s the favorite old thing that remains purposeful.
LSMW Context and Concepts
- How does LSMW fit in S/4HANA Data Migration?
- What are the basic concepts?
LSMW Screen Recording
- Screen recordings are simple, and functional ladies and gentlemen can get it done!
- Watch this LSMW screen recording example being built and unit tested from scratch.
LSMW Master Class
- In about 40 minutes, you’re going to be an LSMW expert!
- End-to-end example for functional resources.
- Concepts explained in detail, plus Tips and Tricks!
- Watch this LSMW IDoc example being built and unit tested from scratch